What is Compost:
Compost is organic matter that has been decomposed and recycled as a fertilizer and soil amendment.Compost can be rich in nutrients.It is used as garden,landscaping,horticulture & agriculture.
Types of Compost:
There are three major types of Manure.
- Green manure:
- Green Manures increase the percentage of organic matter in the soil.
- The root systems of some varieties of green manure grow deep in the soil.
- Common cover crop functions of weed suppression and prevention of soil erosion.
- Farmyard manure:
- Farm yard manure has been used as a fertilizer for farming,as it improve the soil structure.
- Its holding more nutrients and water.
- FYM also encourages soil microbial activity which promotes the soil’s trace mineral supply ,improve plant nutrients.
- Compost manure:
- Improved water retention.
Improved soil structure.
Increased nutrient value.
Improved nutrient holding capacity.
Improve plant health.